I'm very inspired by Monet lately. I stole a book from my father about his work, and found it so beautiful. It matches perfectly the floral mood I'm still in since spring...
Madame Monet and her son.
Holland; where I live! Women in the garden.
The music that goes perfectly with the paintings in my opinion is Lady&Bird; a side project of Keren Ann and Bardi Johannsson. Their music is very dreamy, very mysterious, and a bit creepy. I just love to listen to it when I'm working on something, it's very peaceful.
Dress: Vila, floral tights: H&M, shoes: Converse, hat and coat: vintage.
Top: Bershka, leggings and coat: H&M, shoes: Converse, necklace and headband: vintage.
Skirt, blouse, hat and belt: vintage, pair of braces: H&M.
"The Secret Garden was what Mary called it when she was thinking of it. She liked the name, and she liked still more the feeling that when its beautiful old walls shut her in no one knew where she was. It seemed almost like being shut out of the world in some fairy place." -The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Chapter 10
I can't wait to see The September Issue, the documentary about Anna Wintour and the making of Vogue. Director RJ Cutler followed her while she was busy with the September issue; "September is like the January in fashion." I can't say that I'm not intrigued by the small women with the bob line and the big sunglasses, who is probably the most powerful women in the fashion world. But before I make all these big expectations, let's first see how much she'll open up in the movie that'll be watched curiously all over the world by fashion victims.
Song of the day: The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts-Sufjan Stevens
I just love this new line from Erin Kleinberg. The soft T-shirts, tank tops and cardigans with chain detailing are so cool. You can wear them with distressed jeans and studded booties, or as mini shirt dresses with sheer black tights, as good friend and model Theodora Richards does for the Lookbook of the line. I wish I could afford a piece!
I just love the outfits that she wears in this vid: La_Roux-Bulletproof; love the song too, it sticks in your head.
Hi everyone, I'm back! I've had a wonderful holiday in Marocco, where I went backpacking with my family. I've seen very beautiful cities and extreme landscapes, I've met so many nice people and I've learned a lot too. I hope you all had fantastic holidays!
Well, I'm back home, and the new school year's about to begin (I have two free weeks left). For me, that means three things:
1. My birthday, I was born on September 22nd(finally fifteen)
2. The new school year; new classes, teachers, subjects...
3. And, of course, the new fall fashion!! I can't wait to decide how my new fall wardrobe is going to look like....
This'll be my wishlist:
1. Studded boots, like these from topshop; 2. A military jacket to throw over my distressed jeans, like this one from Balmain;
3. A men's blazer to wear with a white lace dress, like this girl on the streets of Paris does;
4. The perfect shade of red lipstick;
5. Bright scarves in all kinds of colours and prints, like this pink one from Marc Jacobs;
6. A big red bag for school, like the one this stylish girl is wearing;
7. I always love the bright, colourfull ads from Juicy Couture, but I just gotta have their newest fragrance: Couture Couture. I collect perfume bottles, and this will be one of my jewels.
The single thing I don't like from all the fall fashion, is the obsession about the extremely high boots. I don't know, it just looks ugly to me. I prefer ankle booties! What do you guys think?